The Ability Toolbox empowers people with disabilities, chronic illnesses, and mental health conditions through the power of collective knowledge and wisdom.
Living with a Disability or Mental Illness Is Complicated
- People judge you by your appearance
- You feel unheard and misunderstood
- You get told “You don’t look sick”
- You have to find new ways to do everyday tasks
- Your home isn’t accessible or sensory-friendly
- Housing and employment are hard to find
- Insurance (if you have it) doesn’t cover everything
- Navigating social service programs is a nightmare
- Healthcare is difficult to access
- …And the world just isn’t designed for people like you
What You’ll Find in The Ability Toolbox
Learn From People Like You
I am a registered dietitian/nutritionist and CEO and founder of Nutrition With Susan. I provide personalized nutrition counseling to women with autoimmune disease. I was diagnosed with RA in 2017 and spent years trying to figure out how to get my life back. I’m currently symptom-free and want to help other women feel better too.
Leif Gregersen is an author of fiction and non-fiction, and has published 12 books, of which 4 are poetry collections, 3 are short story collections, 2 are short novels, and 2 are memoirs of his life experience with mental illness.
I am Black, lesbian, disabled, mentally ill, fat, a birth mom, mom and grandmom (grand ma Coco to be exact) and Funny. I am a woman who is constantly fighting for my and your liberation.
I have a history of working for those living at the margins mostly in activist and nonprofit spaces. I currently work in the mental health field serving those who have been convicted of felonies and are in mental heath court. I am also a writer. I write about disabilities, chronic illness, mental health, racial trauma, sexual violence and disordered eating. I am also a public community speaker on the same topics. Hit me up if you need my writing or speaking skills.
Please use she or her pronouns when referring to or about me.